Drag and Drop not working in Windows 8
Drag and Drop not working in Windows 8. I.e., unable to move desktop icons, images in browser, files and folder.
- Open CMD (Command Prompt) as administrator. In the command prompt, type dcomcnfg
- Expand Console Root -> Component Services -> Computers -> My Computer. Right-click My Computer and select Properties
- Traverse to COM Security tab and click Edit Default Under Access Permission container
- Both System and Interactive groups should be listed with Allow Access. If either are missing, add them by clicking Add
- Select local computer name in the Location and click Advanced button
- Click Find Now Button and select INTERACTIVE group from the list and click OK
- Click OK
- Allow must be checked on Local Access for both INTERACTIVE and SYSTEM group. Click OK
- Now Drag and Drop should be working.